Publish DateDownload Details
Hong Kong, June 30, 2021 – To continue the excitement of celebrating its 15th anniversary, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort proudly presents “Follow Your Dreams” – a first-of-its-kind, live outdoor musical party staged at the Castle of Magical Dreams. Debuting today, the high-energy production will kick off summer in style, with an uplifting and inspiring message to encourage guests to pursue their dreams. While Mickey Mouse and his pals guide the audience through a magical musical journey, the show will also feature state-of-the-art new visual effects guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
This summer, you can enjoy a memorable travel at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort any time! There are so many fun activities taking place in the park and resort hotels during your summer vacation, so come celebrate the magic of being together again!
“Follow Your Dreams” will inspire you to dream big
Michael Moriarty, managing director of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, said: “This castle show encourages everyone to pursue their dreams. And thanks to the magical work from our Disney Live Entertainment team, along with the incredible talents of our performers from all around the world, “Follow Your Dreams” symbolizes a new chapter here at Hong Kong Disneyland, all the while against the backdrop of our beautiful new castle.”
“After what has been an extraordinarily challenging time in Hong Kong and around the world, the show is a testament to the spirit and perseverance of Disney, particularly on the back of our 15th anniversary celebration and castle launch. To me, it demonstrates how our incredible brand, our cast members, our products and experiences are all absolutely crucial assets to our success as we continue recovering from the effects of the pandemic. Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is part of the Hong Kong community, and we will continue to work together with our industry partners for reviving Hong Kong’s tourism.”
he 20-minute live outdoor musical is filled with high-energy music and live singing. A brand-new song will debut in the show too, called “Follow Your Dreams,” which is not only infused with the trademark uplifting spirit of a Disney tune, but also reminds guests how fulfilling it is to pursue dreams and never give up. Several well-known songs have also been rearranged and produced to give guests a never-before-heard experience, featuring a wide range of music from electronic dance music and K-Pop, to everything in between.
Mickey Mouse and an array of Disney characters, including Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pocahontas, Moana, and Elsa, as well as Miguel from Coco and Nick and Judy from Zootopia, will take to the stage accompanied by singers and dancers, magnificent large-scale props, and effects such as fog jets, bubbles, and sparkulars.
Guests can also continue exploring the footprint “Follow Your Dreams” by heading to the Animation Academy where they can take home their own drawings of Zootopia’s Judy!
What’s more, guests can purchase the Disney “Priority Special+” Attraction and Castle Show Reserved Viewing Area Admission Pass, which comes with priority access to eight selected attractions, saving time and taking the Disney experience to the next level!
Cool down in the heat with favorite Disney characters
Guests are sure to be thrilled by the return of the popular “Pixar Water Play Street Party!”* in early July – with Ian and Barley Lightfoot, the two main characters from Disney and Pixar’s movie Onward, alongside Woody, Bo Peep, and Jessie from Toy Story, Joy and Sadness from Inside Out, and Carl and Russell from Up. Guests can wave and dance with these Pixar Pals as they party down Main Street, U.S.A.!
* To maintain appropriate social distancing, the park might adjust the parade performance and schedule based on the number of visiting Guests on the day.
Colorful superfood options for an energizing summer
The magic of “Follow Your Dreams” is not just happening on stage, but there are also newly-themed delicacies to enjoy across the resort.
- Follow Your Dreams Soft Serve Sundae can be found at Midtown Delights, in the refreshing new Yubari Melon or popular Hokkaido 5.0 milk flavors.
- The Crispy Cookie Popcorn Mix pays homage to Coco with skull mask-shaped cookies.
- Based on Pocahontas’ “Colors of the Wind,” the Outdoor Vending Carts will offer a colorful Summer Fruits Sangria Special Drink, as well as new pastries inspired by Queen Elsa, Moana and Pocahontas.
This summer, HKDL is also bringing the new superfood trend to the resort! Main Street Corner Cafe hosted by Coca-Cola® will be serving up flavorful nutrient-dense and creamy fruit smoothies, such as the bright orange Goji Berry Burst; and the Green Reviver, blended with high-fiber kale. For lunch, there’s “Plant-based Beetroot Burger Combo with Sweet Potato Fries,” Refreshing Cucumber Soda, and “Plant-based Wrap,” featuring plant-based meat and vegetables, served in a crispy roti wrap. For fans who love eating popcorn in the park, it now comes in avocado, strawberry and cinnamon flavors, making every bite a magical delight.
The Instagram-friendly “Galaxy Chocolates Fun Ball” contains high antioxidants and is perfect for dessert lovers. Remember to get yours as soon as possible, as it’s a limited offer.
Find your Disney style with a new array of merchandise
There are more than 100 new merchandise items available this summer with different themes, including:
- The Tropical Hideaway Series features cool jungle outfits, headbands, home decorations, flip flops, and hair accessories – perfect for exploring the park and enjoying a staycation in style.
- The “Beat the Heat” collection with specialty fans, mist sprayers, and cool towels and more. There are also “Pixar Water Splash Toys,” featuring Lotso and the Aliens.
- A number of new Disney movies will be coming to theaters this summer, and those movie-themed merchandise items will also be available at the resort, including Pixar’s new heartwarming animated film Luca, Marvel Studio's Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and the action-packed spy thriller Black Widow.
- A special themed backdrop for Alice In Wonderland will be on display in the Emporium store to celebrate her 70th anniversary, along with an anniversary merchandise collection.
- To welcome the Olympics, the popular nuiMOs toys will have a Summer Olympics series, while all new Ariel and Jasmine nuiMOs will be launched in August. Do not miss out on collecting this new line up!
Enjoy a Disney staycation for fun-filled day and night activities
HKDL offers an unforgettable vacation with family and friends without traveling overseas. A magical line-up of activities in the resort hotels will ensure guests enjoy non-stop fun, action and excitement throughout the day and night!
- Families can take part in the brand-new Mickey’s Sports Day at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel to start their day with a little workout and some sports-related Disney challenges. Mickey and his pals will be cheering you on and winners will receive a prize and medal on the podium! Little explorers won’t want to miss the Pirate Mickey Treasure Hunt at Disney Explorers Lodge! Turn into a pirate and follow the clues on the treasure map to complete missions. Once you find the treasure chest, you will be rewarded with a certificate and have the chance to take a selfie with our Disney pals dressed in their pirate outfits.
- Little guests can also participate in the Pixar-themed summer water fun challenges to stay cool and win tattoo stickers to mark their success.
- In the afternoon, there’s the complimentary art and craft workshops to create unique Pixar and “Follow Your Dreams” souvenirs. Guests can also upgrade to participate in the Decorate Your Own Water Bottle workshop. They can also take a break from the heat with the Colorful Tea Zone afternoon tea at the World of Color Restaurant.
- The fun continues after sunset with Disney Poolside Movie Night, where you can enjoy an evening breeze with classic Disney movies by the Rain Drop Pool at Disney Explorers Lodge.
- Here’s more great news for adventurous explorers: Disney Explorers Lodge will be in service for 7 days a week this summer, starting from July 15 to August 29. So get ready to dive into an exotic staycation, with four distinctly themed gardens, an outdoor swimming pool and a series of recreational activities! Want an upgraded explorers experience? Don’t miss out on the one and only Adventurers Suite!
Dream big at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
It’s time to dream big! Enjoy a summer “travel” vacation with your friends and loved ones. Purchase the “Magical 3+1” Group Ticket Offer to enjoy buy-three-get-one-free 1-Day park tickets for a weekday park visit^. Meet in front of the Castle of Magical Dreams with your friends and family and be immersed in a mesmerizing musical journey with the all-new “Follow Your Dreams” castle show! You can also enjoy 30% off flexible rate when you stay 2 or more consecutive nights at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel or Disney Explorers Lodge. Book a room now for the perfect summer staycation, relax with beautiful views away from the hustle and bustle of the city!
^ Offer Tickets may be used on a weekday (Monday - Friday) during the offer period only and may not be used on any weekend or public holiday.
#Reminder: The park remains closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except public holidays & designated days) until further notice. The park will be open on July 1, July 29 and August 17.
Hong Kong Disneyland asks for guests’ kind understanding and compliance with the following requirements when the park reopens. Guests must:
- Purchase their tickets in advance and reserve a visit up to 14 days in advance of their visit online, via the Hong Kong Disneyland reservation website. Magic Access members must also make a reservation prior to visiting, but can enjoy the benefit of reserving 15 to 16 days, subject to different membership tiers, in advance.
- Make a health declaration and provide their name and contact number as part of the Hong Kong Disneyland park reservation process.
- Undergo temperature screening procedures upon arrival. Guests with a temperature of 37.5 °C or above cannot be admitted.
- Wear a mask at all times during their visit, except when enjoying food and beverage at catering premises. These measures will continue to be reviewed as the situation evolves and will be adjusted as necessary.
- As required by the government and health authorities, park visitors are required to scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” QR code or register their names and contact numbers before entering the premises.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort offers unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Filled with your favorite Disney stories and characters, Hong Kong Disneyland offers guests the opportunity to explore seven diverse lands that are home to award-winning, unique attractions and entertainment. Complete your adventure with stays at the resort’s luxurious Disney hotels. The magic doesn’t end at our doorstep; as a dedicated member of the local community that cares deeply about societal well-being, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort spreads its magic through community service programs that help families in need, boost creativity among children and families, encourage the protection of the environment and inspire healthier living.
Mobile app gives the latest updates
The Hong Kong Disneyland mobile app keeps guests informed of all the excitement at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, from operating hours to entertainment schedules. Use the GPS-enabled map to find your way around the park or make reservations for park restaurants, and make every moment count with wait times for each attraction. Magic Access members can also view block-out calendars and membership privileges, designed to make your visit even more magical.
Download the Hong Kong Disneyland mobile app for free:
iOS users: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1077550649
Android users: https://goo.gl/ZbHHbP
For media inquiries, please contact:
Publicity, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort